Online Option. Six sessions May 25 & 27, June 1, 3, 8 & 10 5:00 -7:00 PM EST). Information and Registration.
In Person Option. Art and Science of Health Promotion Conference Intensive Training September 29 – 30. Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Information and Registration.
The twelve-hour Well-being Culture Coach Training is led by Judd Allen, Ph.D. and Richard Safeer, MD. The training is highly interactive and features examples from a variety of businesses, universities, health care institutions, community organizations, and government agencies. Participants learn how to make the case for well-being cultures and to conduct a cultural analysis. The training also empowers participants to develop initiatives for: (1) well-being leadership, (2) peer support, (3) household support, (4) changing norms and values, (5) social climate, and (6) organizational purpose.
Beginning in 2010, this Well-being Culture Coach Training has been offered annually at the National Wellness Conference and the Art of Health Promotion Conference. The training was also offered to graduate students at a number of colleges and universities. Certified Well-being Culture Coaches have applied their skills as external consultants and as professionals throughout the world in businesses, health care settings, government agencies, the armed forces, and educational institutions.
Culture Coach Training Agenda
- What a Well-being Culture Is, Why It is Important and How it is Achieved
- Defining a culture of well-being and its dimensions
- Naming the primary distinctive benefits of a culture-based approach
- Developing Strategies for achieving a culture of well-being
- Closing the Values-Norm Gap
- Developing the well-being value proposition
- Aligning values and norms
- Bringing about systematic culture change
- Conducting Cultural Analysis
- Quantitative measures
- Qualitative measures
- Developing Leadership Support for Well-being
- The role of executives
- The role of middle managers
- The role of well-being committees
- Increasing the Quality and Quantity of Peer Support for Well-being
- Eight skills for more effective peer Support
- Bringing well-being home
- Utilizing community well-being resources
- Strengthening the Social Climate
- The special role of social climate in health and productivity
- Strengthening the sense of community, shared vision, and positive outlook
- Building cultural support for purpose